2018 Conference & Institutes
February 21 – 28, 2018
One Ocean Resort and Spa
Atlantic Beach, FL
BOARD OF DIRECTORS LOGIN
|News from APA Divisions of Interest to SPIM Members|
|Consulting Psychology Journal: Practice and Research Volume 69, Issue 1, (March)|
Subscribing to APA E-Newsletters and Alerts
APA has created a space within MyAPA (my.apa.org) where registered users manage e-newsletter subscriptions and email subscriptions to informational alerts. This page, entitled “Manage my E-Newsletter & Alert Opt-ins” shows the breadth of information available to you as a benefit of registering an account with us. Newsletters you currently receive have been pre-selected for you. Visit the page to see if there are other items you’d like us to send. Click on the “more info” link to get a description of the newsletter or alert and its frequency. Click “less info” to make the descriptive text disappear.
A new and exciting feature we’re offering through this portal is the ability to receive special alerts when APA publishes research in areas that interest you. You can choose from several pre-set categories such as autism, schizophrenia, depression or customize alerts based on your specific needs or areas of specializations. See the “Research Alerts” section near the bottom of the page to order this new service.
If at any time you'd like to change your e-newsletter and alert subscriptions, come back to the opt-in page and uncheck whatever you'd like to stop or merely postpone because you'll be on vacation, for example. The choices – and the control – are up to you. We hope you enjoy this feature.
RSS Feeds from APA
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) is a format for sharing Web content that allows you to identify the content you like and have only that new content delivered directly to you. To subscribe to APA RSS feeds, you must have an online or desktop RSS news reader installed on your computer. When new content is published to an RSS-enabled page, a list of the new articles' headlines, summaries and links to the full-text article are automatically sent to your RSS reader without requiring you to revisit the page.
Download an RSS Reader.
Click here to access the list of RSS feeds available from APA.
Find out when new APA publications are available!
- When will the next issue of your favorite APA journal be available online?
- What new books are being released in print this month?
- What books and films are reviewed in the weekly PsycCRITIQUES release?
Sign up for this free service, and you will be notified via email when publications become available!
Click here to sign up for PsycAlerts®
Users with MyAPA accounts may access APA PsycNET®, the only search platform designed specifically to deliver APA content. If you are not already registered on MyAPA, create a user ID and password. You will be prompted to create a user profile.
- Maintain your profile at the My Profile tab
- Sign up to receive email alerts on upcoming journals on the PsycALERTS tab. You can also opt to receive alerts each time a new journal issue is available; when the latest update to PsycCRITIQUES has been added; when PsycTESTS is updated; when new APA Books are released; when articles of your choice are cited, corrected, or receive a comment or reply (Citation Alerts); and when content is added that matches your customized searches (Topic Alerts).
- View, edit, or re-run your saved searches from the Saved Search tab. My PsycNET will save all the details of your search strategy so you can reuse it or modify it in the future. From here you can also manage your search strategy, by setting up an email alert, an RSS Feed, or a Permalink.